Home
Ema Hana Kacar
Foundation
The naked body, no matter how fragile it may be, is fighting its fears and facing the unknown with a massive amount of strength. The posture is firm, strong and symbolising the power of overcoming fears. The other subject of the photograph, the gasmask, is associated both with death and war, bringing an aggressive contrast to the nude body, as well as an object that may potentially save one’s life, something that will help one survive.The detailed portraits are somehow more emotional; the subject is taking over the picture, taking control. The eyes express hope, even though they are caged inside the mask. The decision to use a computer monitor as a filter was made because I wanted to distort the image similarly to the way the mask itself distorted my vision while I was wearing it.Technical drawing of the final location, a rooftop on Great Titchfield Street.Paper model made by slotting pieces of paper together. Initially, it was a part of a paper model of an insect. The slotting technique allowed me to expand the flexibility of the model and therefore almost mimic the movement of the initial object, an insect. Technical drawing of the initial object, a brooch of an insect.When designing a garment, I decided to address the issue of today’s youth; by wearing few clothes in the winter and risking hypothermia, smoking and wearing high heels, they harm their health in order to fit into society. 
I translated that idea into a see-through garment that reveals the body of the person wearing it and therefore prevents her from fitting into society. Only after smoking a cigarette and blowing smoke into the dress, making it non-transparent will she be able to become socially acceptable, but she will have to harm her health in the process. In order to depict panic and fear in my short film, I decided to build a snorricam; a device that holds the camera and follows the movements of your body. Film still This is an installation of the night sky, with which I created a natural oasis in an urban environment. A power source was needed for this installation to work, creating a paradox of needing culture to recreate a natural environment.